In its 15th year and with close to 37 million copies sold, Madden NFL Football continues to dominate as the most popular football videogame franchise of all time with a combination of innovative new features and the most authentic football gameplay. Madden NFL Football is currently displayed in the Pro Football Hall of Fame-the only videogame to receive this honor.
In the tradition of EA SPORTS innovation, Madden NFL 2005 introduces the Hit Stick. By giving players the ability to turn a game around with a crucial tackle, the Hit Stick delivers the power to take control of the game from the defensive side of the ball like never before. Along with all-new defensive pre-play controls and defensive AI enhancements, the defense now has a diverse arsenal of weapons available. The incredible depth of Franchise Mode grows with the addition of Storyline Central.
Madden NFL 2005 delivers unprecedented depth and upgrades, with hundreds of new animations, even more Franchise Mode additions, major enhancements to EA SPORTS online, and the ability to create your own NFL super fan in the all-new Create-A-Fan feature. This is the deepest, most complete and authentic sports videogame ever made, making Madden NFL Football the ultimate judge for gamers.
- New Hit Stick: Use the right analog stick to deliver the big hit. Time your hit right, and you can cause the key fumble. The Hit Stick can change the complexion of the game, paying off with new visual and audio elements as well as big time animations that will only occur with Hit Stick tackles.
- New Defensive Playmaker Controls: Use Playmaker Controls on defense to modify the assignments for any or all defensive players on the field, including receiver jams, blitzes and QB spy calls.
- Franchise Mode gets even more Immersive
- Storyline Central: Tony Bruno hosts a weekly radio talk show, discussing current stories regarding your team and the league to make Franchise Mode deeper and more compelling. You can also view hundreds of stories regarding team personnel and league events in local and national newspapers, giving you key information to act on. Check your e-mail for important news from your coaches and staff. When your star player goes to the papers to complain he’s not getting the ball enough, trade him or make him happy-it’s your call.
- Player Personalities Come to Life: Player morale become a factor, as players react to everything that happens to them in Franchise Mode, on field and off.
- Franchise Mode Enhancements: The all new in-season progression system rewards players for their performance during the season. Name team captains, tag players with the franchise tag and sign away restricted free agents to build your team.
- New Create-A-Fan: Create your favorite team’s fans by customizing your fan appearance with thousands of possible options for clothing, hats, face paint and wild team specific items. See your fans come to life in new in-game fan scenes.
- Enhanced EA SPORTS Online: Compete Quick Tournaments or a mini-game. Earn trophies and medals for special accomplishments.
- Authentic NFL Gameplay: Hundreds of new animations, an all-new balance based running system, an all-new pass blocking system, custom packages, custom hot-routes, formation shifts, playbooks with option routes and improved AI make the game look and feel more realistic than ever.
- In-Stadium Presentation: All new skies and amazingly realistic lighting, new dynamic weather that can change mid-game, and completely revamped sidelines with player celebrations change the look and feel this year. Feel the Super Bowl excitement from pre-game warm-ups to post-game celebration, including fireworks and confetti.
- New Commentary from John Madden and Al Michaels, joined by Jill Arrington: Get in the game with advanced analysis from the top announcing football booth including Game Story where they will set up the key match-ups and critical factors; Player Profile, where John gives his thoughts and opinions of today’s greatest athletes as you control the action; and Franchise Commentary, where John and Al know the playoff implications of every game. Get the latest updates from the sidelines with new announcer, Jill Arrington.